Saturday, August 22, 2009

Firsts at Last


I had the first tomato from our garden today. It was almost red. I touched it. It fell off. I ate it. It was delicious.

I held my first university lecture. "The power of the visual message". 28 people did not fall asleep. That was my goal. Matthieu said 'he was impressed'. I didn't expect that. Put a smile on my face.

I finished the first day of my "intensive design and layout workshop for small business owners, most of which have no clue". The room had space for four. We were six. At 4.30pm the electricity went off. I should have told them to save their projects more often.

I spent the first night alone in my gigantic Pamiri house. Worked. Made a big plate of 'Bratkartoffeln". Watched a movie. Woke up at 3am from some noise. Maybe the dogs. Maybe a mouse. Maybe the magpies stealing walnuts.

Today, is the first day of my last week in Tajikistan.

4 comments:

Jacques said...

First day of your last week for this trip or forever? Can you stay away from the vrang peak now you have discovered it? Then you'll have to go back to show me around one day. La bise,

Unreasoned Convictions said...

Exciting blog i will be said when you leave too. But weren't you due to come back 3 months ago?

love Will

Jacques said...

La France, Les Sevennes, Munich, la famille, quel bonheur!

Unknown said...

so sad that this is the end of tajikistan blog. i enjoyed this blog, even if I only checked irregularly.
please do come and stay with us in abu dhabi. i've done the drive to dubai and it's nothing. really quick. only one hour if traffic is easy (ha!!). you can fly into dxb or auh any time and have a lovely place to stay. downstairs neighbour is only a little bit mentally cracked.
hope to see you guys here soon.

deborah in abu dhabi xxx