Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Cherry Picked Routine


It seems that after two months a daily routine and uneventful everyday life infiltrates even the most exotic of places. Work, eat, sleep. Talk, think, play. The usual combinations. Mix as you like. For evening entertainment try throwing chickpeas out of the window...



But just as we were getting used to the 7-10, a long-planned visit snapped us out of it: Matthieu's parents arrived last week for a little mountain holiday. We found them an apartment to stay (close to ours, but not too close) and some important tasks to do (Shopping in the bazaar, teaching French to Iluka, cooking dinner...). As a reward Matthieu had planned a 12-day jeep-tour trip East, down the Wakhan and on towards Murghab. Off they all went on Sunday and I... I found myself alone. Alone with Tanja. Alone with my printing deadlines. Alone with sleeping in. Alone with time for Pilates and movie editing and making jam and meeting friends for a beer and watching Desperate Housewives - all in one day!

But now, the days have moved on. The brochure is with the printer and the DVD box set is finished. I miss my family and look forward to being on the road. Tomorrow I'll hop in a bus towards Murghab and hope to find my favorite group of 2 blondes and 2 grays somewhere in a guesthouse in the dusty East of the country. Can't wait. We shall be back with fresh stories and adventures on July 23rd.


No comments: