Thursday, April 23, 2009

Biding our Time

At 45ºC in the sun, the usual insane Delhi traffic mix of honking cars, rickshaws, cows and begging children it's kinda hard to come up with things to do with a 2-year old. But whatever we do end up doing, whether it's hanging out in the blazing heat for 30min in front of the Tajik embassy or going for a nightfall rickshaw excursion to the local sabzi mandi (vegetable market), Iluka's eyes take it all in with amazement.

Iluka: There are a lot of Bagger (= digger) in the street...I wish we could stop more often to have a look. Mama and Papa seem to obsess about holding hands (which is annoying when I want to carry my rubber ball, the little truck I stole from Diran's room and still keep my thumb in my mouth and my finger in my nose... oh, look at this little piece of shiny candy paper in a puddle...wait, there is ice cream... little Indian boy... I need water!)

As for Dubai... after a gazillion e-mails and phonecalls, still no luck in securing a plane ticket from Dubai to Dushanbe. The excitement continues!

Oh, and while reseaching yet another lead on Tajik Airline, I came across this eye-opening blog entry from a fellow adventurer. Sounds promising...

2 comments:

Jacques said...

We're on our way for a Central drinking session, I thought you'll be happy to know about it. We have booked rickshaws to go to big wave bay runabout, then we have donkeys to go up to Cap D'aguilar intersection. From there, some motorbikes will pick us up to Stanley. We will hike for 2 hours to the city. Then we'll drink loads of wine.
Just to support you in your journey.

Unknown said...

Likewise. Long live team spirit!